1. Get dressed.
2. Get stuff together for bakery/grocery trip/letter writing.
3. Walk around building because back door locked.
4. Trudge through unshoveled ice/snow in front of stores.
5. At the 1/4-mile mark, contemplate how much you're going to buy and how you may need to take a bus back.
6. Wonder if you brought CTA pass.
7. Realize you didn't bring CTA pass.
8. Remember that CTA pass is in purse. So is wallet with money and credit/debit card.
9. Purse is in hallway at home.
10. Trudge 1/4 mile back through ice and snow. Note that feet are pleasantly wet and frozen.
11. Retrieve purse with purchasing power.
12. Walk 1/4 mile you've just walked to and from, finish the other 1/4 mile, and actually get to destination.
Time wasted? Priceless.
In the mood for chores now? Noooooo.