Lifted from Life and Trinkets, a meme of months.
1. Who kissed you on New Year's?
Hodge. At least, I’m sure he bit me.
2. Did you have a New Year's Resolution this year?
No, I never make resolutions as I am sure not to keep them. I do, however, hope to make small improvements.
3. Does it snow where you live?
Yes, but not as much as in Buffalo, New York, alas.
4. Do you like hot chocolate?
I am woman. Of course I love hot chocolate, especially this, but I really, really, really should watch the sugar.
5. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop?
No, and I’ve been to New York only once to visit a friend in Brooklyn.
1. Who was your Valentine?
Hmmm, I think this shall remain my little secret.
2. When you were little did you buy Valentines for the whole class?
3. Do you care if the groundhog sees its shadow or not?
No, I wish they’d just let the little guy snooze.
4. What did you receive for Valentine's day?
I don’t remember, but I’m sure cards and possibly flowers were involved.
5. What did you give for Valentine's day?
The gift of my presence. ;)
1. Are you Irish?
2. Do you like corned beef and cabbage?
No, nor do I like German food, so it’s all even.
3. What did you do for St. Patrick's Day?
What did it do for me?
4. Are you happy when winter is pretty much over?
I am happy about the change in seasons, and especially love spring with its flowers, birds, bees, and warmer air.
1. Do you like the rain?
Who’ll stop the rain . . . yes.
2. Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year?
Yes, but who noticed?
3. Do you celebrate 4/20?
4. Do you love the month of April?
I like April, but I love May.
5. Your birthday is in April isn't it?
6. Anything special in April?
1. What is your favorite flower?
Violets, lilacs, wild roses.
2. Finish the phrase "April showers…"
3. Do you celebrate May 16th: National Piercing Day?
4. Is May anything special to you?
It’s May, it’s May, the lusty month of May.
Umm, if anyone sees JUNE, please turn it in at the concession stand. Thank you.
Hey, June is when I was born. June is a wonderful month.
1. What did you do on the 4th of July?
I didn’t go to Washington, D.C., as I used to do, to visit my (late) aunt. :( This year, though, a friend and I went to A Prairie Home Companion at Ravinia that weekend.
2. Did you go to the fireworks?
Too crowded! I can watch the fireworks at Navy Pier twice a week during the summer, anyway. :)
3. Did you blast the A/C all day?
I don’t have air conditioning.
1. What was your favorite summer memory of 2008?
The visits to the forest preserves and nature centers.
2. Did you have a sunburn?
3. Did you go to the pool a lot?
Not as much as I would have liked.
1. Are you attending college/school?
No, but am always trying to learn.
2. Do you like fall better than summer?
I like the cooler weather, but not the shorter days.
3. What happened this month?
I went back to work after a short leave.
1. What was your last Halloween costume?
I was Saavik, but that was decades ago. Now I’m just plain scary.
2. What is your favorite candy?
Peanut butter cups.
3. What was your favorite thing(s) about this month?
The fall colors at Morton Arboretum.
1. Whose house were you at for Thanksgiving?
2. What are you thankful for?
Health (irreplaceable), family, friends, means, and a world of wonder.
3. Do you love stuffing?
Yes, moist and succulent.
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?
Yes, but am not focused on the commercialism.
2. Have you ever been kissed under the mistletoe?
3. Get anything special last year?
Yes, everything, but especially the electronic photo frame.
4. What do you want this year?
To live long and prosper.
5. What do you love most about December?
Ancient Christmas music, snow, decorations, lights, the Christkindlmarket, the feeling of being a child again.