Thursday, November 24, 2005

Gratitude

I'm thankful for my:

• wonderful parents, even if I didn't appreciate them at the time. The older I get and the more I see, the more I appreciate them.

• brother and his family. We complement each other well.

• extended family. They help me keep much in perspective.

• inspirations and everyone who has taught me something, from teachers and professors to family and friends, even some non-friends.

• job. It's not ideal, but it fuels most of my habits, like shelter, food, and books.

• shelter. Moving has brought me to life, and I need to keep up that momentum.

• health. I have my problems, some typical, some a little unusual, but none very serious.

• freedom. Love it and guard it for few have so much, and it's so easily compromised.

• books and poetry. As the song says, they protect me.

Happy Thanksgiving. May we gain more in all things than we lose.

1 comment: