I'm thankful for my:
• wonderful parents, even if I didn't appreciate them at the time. The older I get and the more I see, the more I appreciate them.
• brother and his family. We complement each other well.
• extended family. They help me keep much in perspective.
• inspirations and everyone who has taught me something, from teachers and professors to family and friends, even some non-friends.
• job. It's not ideal, but it fuels most of my habits, like shelter, food, and books.
• shelter. Moving has brought me to life, and I need to keep up that momentum.
• health. I have my problems, some typical, some a little unusual, but none very serious.
• freedom. Love it and guard it for few have so much, and it's so easily compromised.
• books and poetry. As the song says, they protect me.
Happy Thanksgiving. May we gain more in all things than we lose.